Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Bye Bachelor Brad...

My wife made me do it, I swear. I liked my Monday nights just the way they were but then along came Bachelor Brad and Monday got flushed. It all started with a girl from Orem a few years ago who was a contestant on "The Bachelor" and because of her high standards and unwillingness to wear bikinis and make-out (at least, those are the reasons I thought up) she was let go the first night. From then on I had a love hate relationship with the show.

So fast forward to this season and Bachelor Brad who, despite my past history with the show, I actually liked. He asked tough questions. He was respectful. He got rid of the drama/crazy girls right after they started causing problems (except for Utah's own Michelle). And he chose a not-crazy girl at the end (we all remember Vienna, like, yeah, what was that all about).

Now I know that you're thinking that I know entirely too much about this... What, you don't think this show is the epitome of romance? One guy dating 30 women at one time who, despite meeting him for the first time on the show, all love him and fling their future into his hands leaving him the responsibility to "eliminate" girls by taking them on incredibly realistic dates (like a skydiving in Australia or a safari in Africa or a private dinner on a private island reached only by helicopter) which allow him just the glimpse into these girls needed to decide which girl receives a ring purchased by producers of the show and all this amidst the drama of girls arguing over this one man, backbiting each other, and generally crying and moaning about how hard it is to share their man with 30 other women (because, of course, they have no idea that the show entiles mass dating)...you don't think that's romance? Nah, neither do I.

No comments:

Followers