Thursday, March 10, 2011

Knock knock jokes and instant messaging...

Remember the old days when instant messaging was oh-so-cool, weirdly romantic, completely time-absorbant, and increasingly illegible (plz stop u make me lol, rofl and now i will brb). Well I'm sitting here this evening instant messaging my wife knock knock jokes (knock knock--who's there--Brittany Spears--Brittany Spears who?--knock knock--who's there--Oops, I did it again) and I can't help but think: life is good! I love and like my wife, I adore my son, and I receive real satisfaction from my job.

I'm not bragging--your life is good too. I've noticed that even my pains, heartaches, and tragedies only serve to make the healing, loving, and celebrating all the sweeter.

Today was just one of those days that give my life substance. It wasn't really exciting or momentous--no records shattered or grand cosmos shifts. But it was good. Classes went well, my wife got cuter (she does that quite often), my son will now slobber on my cheek when I ask for a kiss... It's not always this way, but you know what, most of the time it is. Hard times come and hard times go but I can thank my God that good times seem to always seep through the cracks and cover my life.

So if I'm ever sitting on a bench waiting for a bus and someone sits down next to me and begins to talk, I might just say, "My life is like vanilla ice-cream: simple, consistent, even predictable, but oh-so-delicious."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are a genius.

vk said...

knock knock jokes are the best jokes to read and enjoy i say to know more about knock knock knock jokesyou can visit here

Followers